Transportation Management in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations helps logistics teams to manage, measure, and optimize the transportation and shipping operations.
It helps to manage the company’s transportation, and identify vendor and routing solutions for inbound and outbound orders. For example, you can identify the fastest route or the least expensive rate for a shipment, manage appointment schedules or handle inbound and outbound flows.
(This Transportation Management course is often referred to as “TRAX”)
We want you to understand, to be able to apply your skills in real life scenarios after the training has ended, not just while at the training location.
After the class, you will understand how to set-up and use Transportation Management.
Typical participant profiles:
Daily users, super users, administrators, consultants, warehouse workers, warehouse managers, shipping and receiving personnel, and other people in organizations responsible for the setup and administration of transportation management functionality.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Windows
- Completed the course Introduction to Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations or equivalent
- Completed the course Distribution and Trade in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations or equivalent
- Preferably also completed the course Warehouse Management in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations or equivalent
- The ability to use Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations for basic processing or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of transportation management concepts.
This course is about Transportation Management – often referred to as “TRAX”.
On top of our training methodology, Problem-Principle-Procedure, we apply a proven track to ensure a successful training: quizzes
- The training class itself – plenty of hands-on in-class and optional homework
- Quizzes – to align skills level and suggest further study
- Recap of the day – important highlights
- Question and answer session – final tips and tricks
- Introduction to Transportation Management in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Operations
- Core Transportation Management Setup
- Transportation Tariff Setup
- Transportation Routing Setup
- Procure to Pay with Inbound Transportation
- Order to Cash with Outbound Transportation
- Driver Management
- Freight Reconciliation
Topics in details
Introduction to Transportation Management in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
- Describe the features included with Transportation management
- Introduce concepts and terminology used with Transportation management systems
- Review the overall Transportation management process
Core Transportation Management Setup
- Set up new LTL classes
- Set up new STCC, NMFC, and Harmonized Tariff codes
- Link codes to products
- Create shipping carriers, transportation modes and methods, carrier services, and carrier groups
- Associate shipping carriers with transportation modes
- Create and map transportation statuses
- Create and link number sequences
- Create load templates
- Create, submit, confirm, and accept transportation tenders
- Understand transportation management parameters
Transportation Tariff Setup
- Describe the components of rating
- Create a rate master
- Discuss each type of rating engine
- Create a rating profile
- Define and work with rate modifiers and transportation templates
- Work with carrier fuel indexes
- Define and configure accessorial charges
Transportation Routing Setup
- Discuss routing terminology and processes
- Define and create hub types, hubs, and hub accessorial charges
- Review and add metadata to mileage engines and transit time engines
- Create route plans and route guides
- Use the Rate route workbench to validate route plans
- Discuss transportation constraints
- Set up product filters
Procure to Pay with Inbound Transportation
- Review inbound transportation process flows
- Prerequisite setups for warehouse configuration
- Prerequisite setups for charges and carriers
- Prerequisite setups for routing, merchandise, and transportation tariffs
- Initiate inbound transportation
- Schedule appointments, receive orders, and check drivers in and out
- Confirm and review inbound shipments
- Process invoices and payments
Order to Cash with Outbound Transportation
- Discuss the outbound transportation process flow
- Review prerequisite setups for warehouse, customer and charge
- Review prerequisite setups for carrier, routing and merchandise
- Review prerequisite setups for transportation tariff configuration
- Process outbound transportation
- Discuss variations, setup, and process for multi-segment outbound transportation process flows
- Discuss variations, setup, and process for multi-warehouse outbound transportation process flows
- Perform the different setups necessary for appointments
- Schedule appointments
- Set up device menus and menu items for driver check-in and check-out
- Check a driver in and out using the web client and the mobile client
- Configure freight bill types, assignments, and reason codes
- Describe and create audit masters
- Generate a freight invoice
- Match a freight invoice
- Reconcile a freight invoice
We think that your options should be flexible and cost-efficient. Don't pay for services that you don't really need.
- Standard – the cost-efficient option
- Price for this course includes training manuals, training environment, food and beverages during the training, and participation in the exam itself, MB6-895 Financial Management in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations.
- All-Inclusive – the hassle-free option
- All of the Standard benefits as above plus
- Transport service from and to the airport, hotel accommodation, other meals (high-quality breakfast and evening dinner at your hotel – sumptuous lunch buffet is served at the training location)
- All of the Standard benefits as above plus
Price for this course includes training manuals, training environment, and food and beverages during the training.
Training manuals are provided printed and/or as files.
Each student will receive copies to annotate and keep.
During the training, each student will have access to their personal copy of Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations training environment (with standard Contoso demo data) free of charge. Your training environment is available 24 hours a day even outside the classroom, should you want to study outside normal class hours.
After the training, you could continue to have access to your personal training environment – including your labs. A nominal fee might apply for this optional service.
To ensure the best possible learning environment, a world-class technical instructor and solution architect with loads of real-life technical experience in D365FO, D365O, as well as AX 7 and previous versions of AX is in place, and the number of participants is limited to 10 students.
Food and beverages
Food and beverages are provided during the training hours.
•Light breakfast before the start
•Sumptuous lunch buffet of high quality and variety
•Water, coffee/tea, soft drinks, fruits throughout the day.
(Actual offerings and vary depending on the actual training location. For special food requirements, please ask well in advance of the class start date)
As above Standard plus
- Transport service from and to the airport
- Superior hotel room accommodation within walking distance of the training location
- Meals (high-quality breakfast and evening dinner at your hotel – sumptuous lunch buffet is served at the training location)
This course Transportation Management in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations includes all or part of the topics of below listed Microsoft Courses:
- 81124AE: Introduction to Transportation Management in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Operations
- 81125AE: Core Transportation Management Setup
- 81126AE: Transportation Tariff Setup
- 81127AE: Transportation Routing Setup
- 81128AE: Procure to Pay with Inbound Transportation
- 81129AE: Order to Cash with Outbound Transportation
- 81130AE: Driver Management
- 81131AE: Freight Reconciliation