This 1-day course Process Manufacturing in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, who want to master the Process Manufacturing functionality in D365FO, thru principles overview, set-up and everyday examples and business scenarios, as well as plenty of hands-on labs.
Typical participant profiles:
The course is for production staff, controllers and production cost accountants, and others in an organization that is responsible for the additional setup and administration of process manufacturing/production functionality and financial impact, as well as accountants, super users, consultants.
It is essential to have participated in our course Introduction to Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations or in other ways have obtained equivalent knowledge.
It is also a must to have participated in our course Discrete Manufacturing in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, or in other ways have obtained equivalent knowledge. Those skills will give you the foundation for Manufacturing, which is extended in this Process Manufacturing class.
200-300 (Intermediate – Advanced).
During this 1-day course in Process Manufacturing in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, you will work hands-on with our hands-on labs with guidelines for D365FO.
- An Introduction to Process Manufacturing
- Formula Management for Process Manufacturing
- Co-Products and By-Products for Process Manufacturing
- Batch Orders for Process Manufacturing
- Master Planning for Process Manufacturing
- Batch Control for Process Manufacturing
- Potency Management with Process Manufacturing
- Containerized Packaging for Process Manufacturing
- Master Planning and Advanced Scheduling for Process Manufacturing
- Making the most of the Manufacturing Workspaces in D365FO
Topics covered (details)
- Prerequisite Setup for Process Manufacturing
- General Concepts
- Formula Features and Elements
- Formula Form Accessed from Different Forms
- Formula Versions
- Create a Formula with a Version from the Released
- Products Form
- Copy Formula Versions
- Modify Formula Versions
- Edit the Formula Lines Using the Formula Designer
- Create Formula Versions with Scalable and percentage Controlled Options
- Use of Plan group in Formula Lines
- Step Consumption
- Create a Formula Version for Multiple Batch Sizes Using Step Consumption
- Batch Order Costing
- Prerequisites for a Formula Calculation
- Calculate the Cost Price and Sales Price for Formula Items
- Formula Calculation for Formula Item and transfer of Cost price and Sales price to the Item
- Formula Calculation Enhancements
- Price Estimation in Batch Order and Sales Order
- Batch Order Life Cycle
- Process a Batch Order Using the Manufacturing Execution System
- Report Unplanned Co-Products and By-Products in a Batch Order
- Process Batch Order Using MES
- Rework a Batch Order
- Master Planning Specific to Process Manufacturing
- Multisite Master Planning and its Prerequisites
- Perform Master Planning Across Sites
- Multisite Master Planning in Process Manufacturing
- Intercompany Planning
- Co-product Planning and Production
- Planning Co-Products Using Planning Item
- Planning Co-Products with Formula Item
- Containerized Packaging
- Setup for Containerized Packaging
- Configuration of the Bulk Item Conversion
- Firm and Consolidate the Planned Batch Order
- Add or Remove the Batch Order from the Consolidated Batch Order
- Processing the Consolidated Batch Order
- Pre-conditions for a Catch Weight Item
- Partial Visibility Catch Weight Item
- Full Visibility Catch Weight Item
- Use of Catch Weight in Different Transactions
Lot and Batch Control
- Batch Disposition Code
- Reset the Disposition Code for an Inventory Batch
- Shelf Life Management
- Planning of FEFO Date Controlled Item with Customer Sellable Days
- Same Batch Reservation
- Batch Attributes
- Create a Batch Attribute in Inventory and Warehouse Management
- Batch Attributes by Product Specific and Customer Specific
- Batch Attribute Groups
- Approved Vendor List
- Approved Vendor List in Released Products Form
- Validate the Approved Vendor Check in Various Forms
- Set Up an Approved Vendor by Item and Create the Purchase agreement
- Vendor Batch Update
- Commodity Pricing
- Product Compliance and its Setup
- Associate Product Compliance to Released Products
- Validate the Product Safety Data Sheet Information in Purchase and Sales Orders
- Create a Product Safety Data Sheet for an Item
- Rebate Agreements
- Rebates Process Cycle
- Process the Rebate to the Customer
Integration with Advanced Warehouse Management
- Catch Weight in Advanced Warehouse Management Functions
- Reservation in Advanced Warehouse Management for Process Manufacturing
Making the most of the Manufacturing Workspaces in D365FO
- Production floor management
- Product readiness for process manufacturing
Price for this course includes training manuals, training environment, food and beverages during the training.
We will provide our own developed and updated AXcademy training materials and training materials from Microsoft.
Training manuals are provided printed and/or as files.
Each student will receive copies to annotate and keep.
During the training, each student will have access to their personal copy of Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations training environment (with standard Contoso demo data) free of charge.
After the training, you could continue to have access to your personal training environment – including your labs. A nominal fee might apply for this optional service.
To ensure the best possible learning environment, a world-class instructor with loads of real-life technical experience in D365FO, as well as AX 7 and previous versions of AX is in place, and the number of participants is limited to 10 students.
Food and beverages
Food and beverages are provided during the training hours.
•Light breakfast before start
•Lunch of high quality and variety
•Water, coffee/tea, soft drinks, fruits throughout the day.
(Actual offerings and variety depends on the actual training location. For special food requirements, please ask well in advance of the class start date)
Any certification exams
Process Manufacturing in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
Covering: D365FO, D365O, AX 7. Also covering AX 2012 (for most parts)
This course includes all or part of the topics of below listed Microsoft Courses
|81088||An Introduction to Process Manufacturing in Microsoft Dynamics|
|81089||Formula Management for Process Manufacturing in Microsoft Dynamics|
|81090||Co-Products and By-Products for Process Manufacturing in Microsoft Dynamics|
|81091||Batch Orders for Process Manufacturing in Microsoft Dynamics|
|81092||Master Planning for Process Manufacturing in Microsoft Dynamics|
|81093||Batch Control for Process Manufacturing in Microsoft Dynamics|
|81096||Potency Management with Process Manufacturing in Microsoft Dynamics|
|81097||Containerized Packaging for Process Manufacturing in Microsoft Dynamics|
|80800||Master Planning and Advanced Scheduling for Process Manufacturing in Microsoft Dynamics|