- This event has passed.
Master planning | D365 SCM
December 4 @ 09:00 - 12:00 UTC+1349$ – 399$
All staff working with or having an interest in Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management and Master Planning
- Business users
- Functional consultants
- General understanding of supply chain processes.
- The ability to use Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management for basic processing.
- Knowledge of inventory management processes.
- Knowledge of warehouse management processes.
- Knowledge of production planning processes.
In every industry, whether retail, manufacturing, distribution, services, or public sector entities, the ability to effectively anticipate and manage demand and supply for goods and services is crucial for short-term and long-term operations.
Familiarize yourself with the Master Planning feature within Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management to simplify your planning process. When you use predefined criteria, this tool enables you to efficiently strategize your procurement, transfers, and manufacturing requirements for materials.
The master planning features enable the calculation of a master plan to occur inside or outside Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management and its SQL database. The outside Dynamics 365 master planning features also improve performance and have minimal impact on the SQL database during the planning runs. Therefore, it can be run during normal office hours and provide immediate results based on the most recent activity. Learn the differences between “inside” and “outside” master planning features.
Material Requirements Planning (MRP) has become increasingly challenging for supply chain management due to many factors. For instance, the growing use of materials from overseas has greatly affected lead times for those materials. Furthermore, market fluctuation and an increasingly shorter lead time requested by customers have led many businesses to misjudge their stock and experience understocked situations. Get an understanding of Demand Driven Material Requirements Planning (DDMRP) that helps alleviate these problems by enforcing buffers on various items that you can define minimum, maximum, and resupply quantities for.
Set up Master Planning in Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management
- Master planning considerations and set up
- Master planning parameters
- Create a master plan
- Coverage settings
- Action messages
- Demand Forecasting
- Run plans and firm planned orders
- Set up and use the Supply schedule page
Use master planning in Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management
- Set up master planning add-in
- Apply filters to a plan
- Master planning with demand forecasts
- Master planning support for capability-based resource allocation
- Priority-based planning
- Master planning and purchase trade agreements
- Safety margins
- Coverage time fences
- Approved planned orders
- Generate planned production orders
- Analyze and approve planned orders
- Planning with negative on-hand quantities
- View history and planning logs
- Cancel a planning job
Demand-Driven Material Requirements Planning in Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management
- Demand-Driven Material Requirements Planning (DDMRP) Overview
- Inventory positioning
- Buffer profile and levels
- Demand-driven planning
- Visual and collaborative implementation
A high-quality VM is included in the course – complete with Microsoft standard Contoso demo data. It is available during your class and also for practice after the class.
Before each course, we ask the students to prepare – for example, by watching a video. This is to ensure that the students have the same or similar understanding of the scope of the upcoming training and the terminology to be used.
Each live course session is a focused 3-hour live online session led by one of our experienced Microsoft Certified Trainers (MCT).
Maintain and extend your learning after the live course:
• The live sessions are recorded for review again and again
• Additional videos
• Hands-on labs – with separate suggested step-by-step guidance/solutions
• Support (Q&A).
This is part of the curriculum for the MB-330 exam.