- This event has passed.
Fixed Assets | D365 Finance
February 21 @ 09:00 - 12:00 UTC+1349$ – 399$
All staff working with or having an interest in Dynamics 365 Finance
How fixed assets are handled must correspond with both international accounting standards and the accounting legislation in each country or region.
- Learn how to configure and create fixed assets to comply with international accounting standards.
- Learn how to acquire, depreciate, and dispose of fixed assets, and view their current value with the general ledger.
Asset leasing is an advanced ability to monitor, track, and automate financial transactions in Dynamics 365 Finance for leased properties.
- This course helps you to set up the Asset leasing features in Dynamics 365 Finance and how to get started with the Asset leasing functionality.
- You will also learn how the Asset leasing functionality captures and processes information about leases and helps you generate journal entries throughout the life cycle of the lease, from initial recognition, monthly journal entries, to impairment and termination of the lease.
Configure fixed assets management
- Fixed assets and current assets
- Accounting for fixed assets
- Relationships between fixed assets components
- Configure fixed assets components
- Derived books
- Enable fixed asset integration
- Fixed asset transaction options
Manage fixed assets
- Scenario – customer requirements for fixed assets
- Set up and create fixed assets
- Set up acquisitions
- Acquire assets through procurement
- Manual and automatic methods to create fixed assets
- Transfer a fixed asset
- Set up fixed asset groups
- Split a fixed asset
- Update fixed asset information
- Fixed assets roll forward report
- Dispose of and lend fixed assets
- Sell a fixed asset by using a free text invoice
- Dispose of fixed assets as scrap
- Estimate and eliminate a project to a fixed asset
- Asset budgeting
Set up Asset leasing (overview)
- Leasing elements
- Lease transactions
- Set up Asset leasing
- Set up lease books
- Lease groups
- Create a lease
- Create a lease schedule
- Associate fixed assets with leases
- Copy a lease
- Adjust a lease
Work with Asset leasing (overview)
- Asset leasing journal
- Create payment invoices
- Import lease information
- Impair a right-of-use asset
- Asset leasing reporting
A high-quality VM is included in the course – complete with Microsoft standard Contoso demo data. It is available during your class and also for practice after the class.
Before each course, we ask the students to prepare – for example, by watching a video. This is to ensure that the students have the same or similar understanding of the scope of the upcoming training and the terminology to be used.
Each live course session is a focused 3-hour live online session led by one of our experienced Microsoft Certified Trainers (MCT).
Maintain and extend your learning after the live course:
• The live sessions are recorded for review again and again
• Additional videos
• Hands-on labs – with separate suggested step-by-step guidance/solutions
• Support (Q&A).
This is part of the curriculum for the MB-310 exam.