This Exam training class MB6-894 Development, Extensions, and Deployment for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations is not just about you passing the MB6-894 exam – it aims higher: we want you to understand, and be able to apply your skills in real-life scenarios after the training has ended, not just in an exam situation while at our training center.
After the training class, you will understand how to work with Development, Extensions and Deployment for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations and Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Retail.
And we are confident that you have indeed passed the exam at the end of the training, too!
This exam credits toward the certification; MCSA: Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Operations. Pass this exam MB6-894, along with either exam 70-764 or exam 70-764, and earn your MCSA
May 2020 the exam MB6-894 came back to availability – originally retired by Microsoft on December 31, 2019.
For an updated Microsoft Dynamics 365FO Certifications and Exams Overview, click here.
This 5-day Exam class MB6-894 Development, Extensions, and Deployment for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations is for anyone who wants to learn the technical aspects regarding development, extensions, and deployment in-depth, and pass the exam MB6-894 Development, Extensions, and Deployment for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations.
Typical participant profiles:
Technical consultants, programmers, or IT personnel who implement the basic technical and development tasks required to customize Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations and Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Retail.
It is essential to have participated in our course Introduction to Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations or in other ways has obtained equivalent knowledge.
Participants should have a moderate understanding of programming concepts and processes, as well as an understanding of Finance and Operations and Retail modifications, enhancements, and new development projects that apply to the different business process scenarios.
Additionally, experience with Visual Studio and object-oriented programming is required.
On top of our training methodology, Problem-Principle-Procedure, we apply a proven track to ensure a successful certification exam training:
- GateQuiz – to align skills level and suggest pre-study
- Pre-training webinar – meet the instructor and get ready
- The training class itself – plenty of hands-on in-class and optional homework
- Last day of the training
- Recap of the week – important highlights
- AXcademy certification exam prep quiz
- Question and answer session – final tips and tricks
- The exam itself: MB6-894 Development, Extensions and Deployment for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
- Understand the architecture and development environment
- Develop new elements by using Application Explorer
- Read and Write Basic X++
- Manage the User Interface and Security for Developers
- Develop and extend retail components
Topics in details
Understand the architecture and development environment
- Describe the Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations architecture
- Describe the development environment; describe the components in the application stack; identify cloud architecture components; explain the server architecture; describe the layer architecture
- Describe the Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Retail architecture
- Identify components of the retail solutions and their purpose; Describe differences and uses for the Retail Server and the Retail Store Scale Unit (RSSU); Describe hardware components; Describe and create components for the Modern Point of Sale (MPOS) and the Cloud Point of Sale (Cloud POS)
- Manage development with Microsoft Visual Studio and Lifecycle Services (LCS)
- Identify the windows and basic navigation of Visual Studio; describe differences between and uses for projects, models, solutions, and packages; describe and perform the build process; describe the features of LCS; use LCS to deploy hotfixes, manage assets, and complete the build process
Develop new elements by using Application Explorer
- Create and manage labels and resources
- Create new label files; create and use labels; describe elements and uses for labels; identify best practices for labels; identify uses for resources
- Create and manage data types
- Describe uses for base enumerations; create new base enumerations; identify best practices for base enumerations; describe primitive and extended data types; create new extended data types; identify key properties for extended data types; implement best practices for extended data types
- Create and manage tables
- Identify the components of a table; describe various types of table relationships; describe various types of table indexes; implement best practices for tables, relationships, and indexes
Read and Write Basic X++
- Describe the X++ environment
- Identify the characteristics of X++; use the code editor to write X++; describe the features of IntelliSense; identify basic syntax for X++; describe the use of common key words in X++; describe the features of the debugger; use the comparison tool; use the best practice checker
- Work with X++ control statements
- Work with variables, operators, conditional statements, and loops; use built-in functions; use communication tools
- Work with classes
- Create new classes; describe scoping events and parameters; describe inheritance; identify key best practices when writing X++
- Manipulate data with X++
- Identify techniques for data retrieval; explain uses for transaction integrity checking; insert, update, and delete records using X++; identify best practices for manipulating data with X++
- Manage exceptions in X++
- Identify exception types; use try/catch statements; describe the features of optimistic concurrency control; describe best practices for exception handling with X++
Manage the User Interface and Security for Developers
- Manage the user interface
- Identify components of various form patterns; identify common form patterns and sub patterns; identify key properties for form elements; apply and validate form patterns; describe uses for tiles; describe how to join data in forms; implement best practices for form development
- Manage the user navigation
- Identify types of menu items; create menu items and menus; identify key properties for menu items; describe uses for menu items; implement best practices for menus and menu items
- Manage security in the development environment
- Describe the security architecture; describe the components of role-based security; create new privileges, duties, and roles in the application explorer; describe the extensible data security framework
Develop and extend retail components
- Modify retail components
- Describe the components of the Commerce Runtime (CRT) and how to extend the CRT; describe the components of the Commerce Data Exchange (CDX) and how to extend the CDX; Identify components of the retail architecture that can be extended; Describe how to extend various components of the retail architecture.
- Deploy retail modifications
- Describe how to package and deploy retail modifications into a source environment; review and apply retail hot fixes; create and deploy packages for retail; resolve conflicts and rebuild packages
- Monitor retail components
- Identify, use and extend diagnostics and monitoring tools for retail components; Identify, setup, and monitor data distribution and offline databases; Understand hot, warm, and cold paths for diagnostics and monitoring; Use events logs, and LCS to monitor and diagnose issues with retail components
We think that your options should be flexible and cost-efficient. Don't pay for services that you don't really need.
- Standard – the cost-efficient option
- The price for this course includes training manuals, training environment, food and beverages during the training, and participation in the exam itself, MB6-894 Development, Extensions and Deployment for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations.
- All-Inclusive – the hassle-free option
- All of the Standard benefits as above plus
- Transport service from and to the airport, hotel accommodation, other meals (breakfast and evening dinner – sumptuous lunch buffet is served at the training location)
- All of the Standard benefits as above plus
The price for this course includes training manuals, training environment, food and beverages during the training, and participation in the exam itself, MB6-894 Development, Extensions and Deployment for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations.
Training manuals are provided printed and/or as files.
Each student will receive copies to annotate and keep.
During the training, each student will have access to their personal copy of Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations training environment (with standard Contoso demo data) free of charge. Your training environment is available 24 hours a day even outside the classroom, should you want to study outside normal class hours.
After the training, you could continue to have access to your personal training environment – including your labs. A nominal fee might apply for this optional service.
To ensure the best possible learning environment, a world-class technical instructor and solution architect with loads of real-life technical experience in D365FO, D365O, as well as AX 7 and previous versions of AX is in place, and the number of participants is limited to 10 students.
Food and beverages
Food and beverages are provided during the training hours.
•Light breakfast before the start
•Sumptuous lunch buffet of high quality and variety
•Water, coffee/tea, soft drinks, fruits throughout the day.
(Actual offerings and vary depending on the actual training location. For special food requirements, please ask well in advance of the class start date)
Participation in the exam itself, MB6-894 Development, Extensions and Deployment for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
As above Standard plus
- Transport service from and to the airport
- Superior hotel room accommodation within walking distance of the training location
- Meals (high-quality breakfast and evening dinner at your hotel – sumptuous lunch buffet is served at the training location)
Exam class MB6-894 Development, Extensions, and Deployment for Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
This course includes all or part of the topics of below listed Microsoft Courses
- 81213AE: Modeling Your Data With Visual Studio in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, Enterprise edition
- 81214AE: User Interface Development in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, Enterprise edition
- 81215AE: X++ Programming and Advanced Topics in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, Enterprise edition
- 81216AE: Development in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Retail
- 81176BE: Introduction to Microsoft Dynamics Lifecycle Services (LCS)