This Certification training class MB6-895 Financial Management in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations is not just about you passing the exam – it aims higher: we want you to understand and be able to apply your skills in real life scenarios after the training has ended, not just in an exam situation while at the training location.
After the training class, you will understand how to set-up and use Financial Management in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations.
And we are confident that you have indeed passed the certification exam at the end of the training, too!
This 5-day Certification class MB6-895 Financial Management in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations is for anyone who wants to learn the Financial Management in depth and pass the certification exam MB6-895 Financial Management in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations.
Typical participant profiles:
Consultants, project managers, superusers, controllers.
It is essential to have participated in our course Introduction to Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations or in other ways has obtained equivalent knowledge.
On top of our training methodology, Problem-Principle-Procedure, we apply a proven track to ensure a successful training:
- GateQuiz – to align skills level and suggest pre-study
- Pre-training webinar – meet the instructor and get ready
- The training class itself – plenty of hands-on in-class and optional homework
- Last day of the training
- Recap of the week – important highlights
- AXcademy certification exam prep quiz
- Question and answer session – final tips and tricks
- The certification exam itself: MB6-895 Financial Management in Microsoft Dynamics for Finance and Operations
- Set up and configure the core financial modules
- Manage daily procedures for the core financial modules
- Set up, configure, and use the Budgeting module
- Manage periodic and closing procedures for the financial modules
Topics in details
Set up and configure the core financial modules.
- Define and configure the General ledger module.
- Define currency and exchange rates
- Define and create the chart of accounts and main accounts
- Set up and manage fiscal and ledger calendars
- Create and define financial dimensions and financial dimension sets
- Configure account structure
- Define the ledger for a legal entity
- Set up journals
- Define the General ledger parameters and accounts for automatic transactions
- Configure intercompany accounting
- Explain and set up the Cash and bank management module.
- Explain bank transaction types and transaction groups
- Set up bank groups
- Create bank accounts
- Explain the Cash and bank management parameters
- Configure check layouts
- Describe and design the Accounts receivable and Collections management modules.
- Describe customer posting profiles
- Set up customer payment information
- Create customers
- Define the Accounts receivable parameters
- Describe an organizational structure for centralized payments
- Set up and process collection letters
- Configure and calculate interest
- Process interest adjustments
- Set up customer pools and aging period definitions
- Review and build the Accounts payable module.
- Define vendor posting profiles
- Configure vendor payment information
- Explain invoice matching
- Create vendors
- Walk through the account payable parameters
- Review an organizational structure for centralized payments
- Clarify and utilize the Tax module.
- Define ledger posting groups
- Create sales tax codes
- Establish sales and item tax groups
- Define sales tax authorities
- Explain withholding tax
- Review sales tax jurisdictions
- Define basic fixed asset concepts, and complete setup for the Fixed assets module.
- Define depreciation methods and conventions
- Set up depreciation profiles and books
- Define Fixed Asset parameters
- Create fixed assets
- Set up and assign barcodes to assets
- Lend fixed assets
Manage daily procedures for the core financial modules
- Review and process transactions in the General ledger module.
- Create and post general journals
- Create voucher templates
- Process periodic journals
- Process period allocations
- Create and process accrual schemes
- Reverse a transaction
- Create reversing entries
- Use ledger accrual schemes in a journal
- Create and post intercompany journal entries
- Analyze and walkthrough transactions in the Cash and bank management module.
- Create and delete checks
- Void a check and create payment reversals
- Create and cancel deposit slips
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Assess and handle transactions in the Accounts receivable and Collections management modules.
- Create free text invoices
- Process prepayments
- Create payment journals
- Reverse settlements
- Reimburse a customer
- Perform sales order invoicing
- Review aged balances for customer
- Process customer account statements
- Create write-off transactions
- Process a non-sufficient funds cancellation
- Manage the status of customer transactions
- Use cases and activities to track collection actions
- Define and create transactions in the Accounts payable module.
- Define and create different types of invoice journals
- Manage vendor invoices
- Perform invoice matching
- Process prepayments
- Create payment proposals
- Process payment journals
- Explain and work with transactions in the Tax module.
- Revise sales tax prior to posting a transaction
- Post sales tax on prepayments
- Create transactions with conditional sales tax
- Review and process fixed asset transactions.
- Define transaction types available
- Process acquisitions through journals
- Process depreciations
- Process disposals
- Process value adjustments
- Create purchase orders for fixed assets
- Acquire fixed assets from a purchase order
Set up, configure, and use the Budgeting module
- Define basic budgeting concepts, and setup basic budgeting features.
- Define budget concepts
- Discuss different budget types
- Set up the different budget configurations
- Define the budget parameters
- Configure and use budget control features.
- Set up the budget control configuration settings
- Define budget groups and budget control rules
- Enable budget control for source documents and journals
- Activate and turn on budget control
- View budget check results on transactions
- Define and generate budget plans.
- Define budget planning configuration
- Create budget plans
- Process budget plans
- Modify budget plans in Excel
- Create and process budget register entries.
- Create and process budget register entries
- Transfer budget balances
- Define budget allocations
- Update budget register entries in Excel
- Create budget register entries from budget plans
Manage periodic and closing procedures for the financial modules
- Setup,configure,and run consolidations and eliminations.
- Set up and define a consolidation and elimination company
- Add consolidation information to main accounts
- Define and use consolidation groups
- Configure elimination rules
- Define the consolidation methods available
- Perform a consolidation
- Create and process eliminations
- Configure and perform foreign currency revaluations.
- Define main account settings for foreign currency revaluation
- Define the types of foreign currency revaluations
- Perform foreign currency revaluations
- Set up and run ledger allocations.
- Describe the various types of ledger allocation
- Create ledger allocations rules and basis
- Process ledger allocation requests
- Configure allocations terms for a main account
- Construct and use the period close workspace.
- Describe uses for the period close workspace
- Configure the period close workspace
- Define a period close template
- Use the period close workspace
- Set and run the fiscal year-end closing processes.
- Define parameters for fiscal year end close
- Configure and run the fiscal year close process
- Describe and use the closing sheet.
We think that your options should be flexible and cost-efficient. Don’t pay for services that you don’t really need.
- Standard – the cost-efficient option
- Price for this course includes training manuals, training environment, food and beverages during the training, and participation in the exam itself, MB6-895 Financial Management in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations.
- All-Inclusive – the hassle-free option
- All of the Standard benefits as above plus
- Transport service from and to the airport, hotel accommodation, other meals (high-quality breakfast and evening dinner at your hotel – sumptuous lunch buffet is served at the training location)
- All of the Standard benefits as above plus
Price for this course includes training manuals, training environment, food and beverages during the training, and participation in the exam itself, MB6-895 Financial Management in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations.
Training manuals are provided printed and/or as files.
Each student will receive copies to annotate and keep.
During the training, each student will have access to their personal copy of Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations training environment (with standard Contoso demo data) free of charge. Your training environment is available 24 hours a day even outside the classroom, should you want to study outside normal class hours.
After the training, you could continue to have access to your personal training environment – including your labs. A nominal fee might apply for this optional service.
To ensure the best possible learning environment, a world-class technical instructor and solution architect with loads of real-life technical experience in D365FO, D365O, as well as AX 7 and previous versions of AX is in place, and the number of participants is limited to 10 students.
Food and beverages
Food and beverages are provided during the training hours.
•Light breakfast before the start
•Sumptuous lunch buffet of high quality and variety
•Water, coffee/tea, soft drinks, fruits throughout the day.
(Actual offerings and vary depending on the actual training location. For special food requirements, please ask well in advance of the class start date)
Participation in the exam itself, MB6-895 Financial Management in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
As above Standard plus
- Transport service from and to the airport
- Superior hotel room accommodation within walking distance of the training location
- Meals (high-quality breakfast and evening dinner at your hotel – sumptuous lunch buffet is served at the training location)
Certification class MB6-895 Financial Management in Microsoft Dynamics for Finance and Operations
This course includes all or part of the topics of below listed Microsoft Courses
81198AE: General Ledger in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, Enterprise edition
81199AE: Accounts Payable in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, Enterprise edition
81200AE: Accounts Receivable in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, Enterprise edition
81201AE: Cash and Bank Management in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, Enterprise edition
81202AE: Fixed Assets in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, Enterprise edition
81203AE: Budgeting in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, Enterprise edition
Actual customer statements from prior deliveries:
“Finn is an excellent trainer, very knowledgeable in D365FO, patient and wants all students to understand the concepts/process and succeed in the exam and day to day job role.” Khurram Hussein, MICROCUBE LTD
“(Finn) Very nice and easy to listen to with lots of examples. All topics covered and not too long working days.” Linda Lindman Stolpe, ALFA LAVAL LUND