This 1-day course Bill of Materials in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 is for users, who want to learn how to create and use bills of materials in AX 2012.
Typical participant profiles:
The course is for every user and manager with interest and responsibilities within bills of materials, including product management, procurement, production and sales staff, inventory management, as well as superusers, accountants, controllers, consultants.
It is essential to have participated in our course Introduction to Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 or in other ways have obtained equivalent knowledge.
It is beneficial to have participated in our course Products and Services in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 or in other ways have obtained equivalent knowledge.
During this Bill of Materials in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 course you will build on top of the knowledge acquired on our Supply Chain Foundation courses. Now you will learn extra functionality and more advanced functionality about Bills of Materials.
During this 1-day class, you will work hands-on with our hands-on labs with guidelines for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- Introduction, overview and recap from Supply Chain Foundation
- Bill of Materials (BOM) Overview
- General Concepts
- Using BOMs and Routes in Multisite Production Environments
- BOM Features and Elements
- Bills of Materials Form Overview
- Bill of Material Creation Process
- Creating Simple BOMs
- Using the Bills of Materials Form to Create Simple BOMs
- Working with BOMs in the BOM Designer
- Creating BOMs with versions
- BOM Versions Overview
- Creating BOMs by Using the Released Products List Page
- Activate Multiple BOM Versions
- Copy BOM Versions
- Change BOM Versions
- Create BOMs with Versions in the Bills of Materials Form
- Create BOMs with Versions in the BOM Designer Form
- Quantity Dependent BOMs
- Working with BOM and Item Configuration
- Purpose of BOM and Item Configurations
- BOM Configurations
- Item Configurations
- Working with BOM Calculations
- BOM Calculation
- Cost Groups, Profit Settings, and Calculation Groups
- View Costing Versions and BOM Calculations
- Cost and Sales Price Calculations
- Costing Sheet (light)
- Sales Orders and BOMs
- Configurable BOMs and Sales Orders
- View BOMs in a Sales Order
- Scrap and Measurement
- BOM Scrap
- BOM Measurement
- Report a BOM as Finished
- Reporting a BOM as Finished
- Reports and Other BOM Functionality
- Standard BOM Reports
- Other BOM Functionality
- BOM Change Cases
- Creating BOM Change case configuration
- Working with BOM Change cases
- Parameters (selected)
- Advanced functionality and tools (overview only)
- Reports and Queries
- Not included:
- Product Configurator
- Costing Sheet (in details)
Price for this course includes training manuals, training environment, food and beverages during the training.
We will provide our own developed and updated AXcademy training materials and/or training materials from Microsoft.
Training manuals are provided printed and/or as files.
Each student will receive copies to annotate and keep.
During the training, each student will have access to their personal copy of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 training environment (with standard Contoso demo data) free of charge.
After the training, you will continue to have access to your personal training environment – including your labs – absolutely free of charge for 3 months.
To ensure the best possible learning environment, a world-class instructor with loads of real-life technical experience in AX 2012 is in place, and the number of participants is limited to 10 students.
Food and beverages
Food and beverages are provided during the training hours.
•Light breakfast before start
•Lunch of high quality and variety
•Water, coffee/tea, soft drinks, fruits through-out the day.
(Actual offerings vary depending on the actual training location. For special food requirements, please ask well in advance of the class start date)
Any certification exams
MOC 80339 used for Bill of Materials in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
This course includes all or part of the topics of below listed Microsoft Courses
80339 Bill of Materials in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012