Key new features in D365 FO cross-app capabilities 2021 Release Wave 2 – how you make the most of them
Read the overview, then study the details in this post – your fast track to make the most of the key new features in D365 Finance 2021 Release Wave 2.
Overview – the main cross-app changes
Finance and Operations cross-app capabilities apply to all Finance and Operations apps, including
- Dynamics 365 Finance,
- Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management,
- Dynamics 365 Commerce, and
- Dynamics 365 Project Operations.
To enable businesses everywhere to accelerate their digital transformation, Microsoft is continuously enhancing the platform and services that support Finance and Operations apps with new capabilities.
As Microsoft adds product enhancements at a rapid pace, they deliver frequent updates (eight updates per year) that help customers stay current in a consistent, predictable, and seamless manner. (and keeping the rest of us all very much on our toes…)
The key driver for all of the new, core capabilities is to increase productivity and return on investment.
The Finance and Operations cross-app capabilities in 2021 release wave 2 can be divided into the following categories:
- Power Platform convergence features are capabilities that bring Finance and Operations apps closer to Power Platform. Environment provisioning, authorization and authentication, run-time events, and developer tools are areas that will enable new capabilities that take convergence forward.
- Cross-app features provide ease of use to all users of Finance and Operations apps.
- Data and process integration features provide enhanced data exchange experiences between Finance and Operations apps, Dataverse, and customer engagement apps in Dynamics 365.