Master Planning in AX 2012
Master Planning in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 (MOC 80423)
Master Planning in AX 2012 provides individuals with the necessary tools and resources to perform moderate to advanced tasks for the setup and process of forecast and master planning in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
Topics include the main concepts, considerations and setups used in master planning, master scheduling, forecast scheduling, coverage groups , product item detailed coverage settings, and the effect that intercompany and multisite operations has on the Master planning module.
This training is intended for customers and partners who want to learn the moderate to advanced features and develop a working knowledge of procedures required to effectively use Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Master planning functionality. This audience typically includes application consultants who are responsible for assessing a customers' business needs and advising them on the use, configuration, and customization of the application. Participants are usually people that work with the purchasing, production, and material management sections of the software.
At Training Material Completion
After completing this training, individuals will be able to:
- Create, set up, and process master plans
- Judge when to use one and two master plan strategies
- Handle generated planned orders
- Set up and understand reduction keys
- Set up and understand period allocation keys and item allocation keys
- Create, set up, and understand coverage groups and the item coverage
- Create, set up and process forecast models and forecast plans
- Create, set up and process master plans with intercompany
- Understand how planning can be conducted across multiple sites, locations, and warehouses across multiple Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 companies.
Before reviewing this training, individuals must have:
- General knowledge of Microsoft Windows•Completed the Introduction to Microsoft DynamicsAX 2012 course
- The ability to use Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 for basic processing.
In addition, it is recommended, but not required, that individuals have:
- A basic knowledge of forecasting, planning, production control, purchasing, and inventory concepts
- Some practical experience in how to use the Master planning module
- Attended the Intercompany Setup and Order Processing in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 course.