All about the MB-330 Supply Chain Management exam update 2021-12-10
The MB-330 Supply Chain Management exam was changed on December 10, 2021.
There have been a lot of smaller changes, nothing really big. The overall sections remain the same, but the weight between them has changed somewhat. For the better, I think…
Do note the new sections (groups of topics) however, supposedly areas of interest at the exam
- Configure additional product details
- Manage Orders.
Below are the most important changes, primarily mentioning new or removed things. Smaller changes, like renaming or topics moved between groups are not mentioned – or not mentioned in detail.
- New means completely new in the exam details
- Removed means completely removed from the exam details, not just moved between sections.
Implement product information management (Was: 25-30%. Is: 35-40%)
Create and manage products
- Differentiate between bills of materials (BOMs) and formulas
- Create and manage product states during the life cycle of a product
- Create product attributes
- configure catch weights
- create a direct-delivery product
Configure prerequisites for products
Section name changed and some topics moved to the next section
- Describe use cases for Item groups
(NEW) Configure additional product details
- create and print labels, including product, wave, and license plate labels
- create and assign bar codes and Global Trade Item Number (GTIN) codes
- configure product unit conversions
- configure default order settings
- configure product filter codes
Manage inventory pricing and costing
- Describe how price groups constrain pricing
- Describe inventory costing methods
Implement Inventory management (Was: 15-20%. Is: 20-25 %)
(NEW) Manage quality
- Configure and process nonconformances
- Configure quality associations
- Configure components for the quality control process
- (Process quality orders)
- (Process quarantine orders)
- Apply inventory blocking
- Create batch disposition codes
Implement and manage Supply Chain processes (Same: 15-20%)
Implement procurement and sourcing
- Describe use cases for procurement workflows
- Create purchase agreements
- Create and process purchase orders that use change management
- Configure vendor collaboration features
- Create and process vendor returns
- Configure change management processes
Implement common sales and marketing features
- Describe how price groups link discounts to system tables
- Describe sales order reservations
- Configure sales agreements
- Configure and process quotations, sales orders, and return orders
- Configure quotations, sales orders, and return orders
- Configure trade allowances and customer rebates
- Configure and process inter-company trade relations documents
Implement warehouse management and transportation management (Was: 20-25%. Is: 15-20 %)
Configure warehouse management
- Create and manage warehouse workers
- Configure work policies and work break
Perform warehouse management processes
- Describe the capabilities of the load planning workbench
- Create cycle counting work (and Perform cycle counting)
- Update inventory statuses
- Process inbound and outbound orders
Implement Planning OptimizationMaster Planning (Was: 15-20%. Is: 5-10 %)
There have been just a few name changes.
Where to learn more?
Preparing to sit the MB-330 supply chain management exam is challenging. If you prefer remote learning, our on-demand (free trial available) and live online exam preparation courses have been developed by the experts to give you the best possible chance of passing.
An added benefit is the Microsoft official practice test is included so you can get a feel for the exam and practice before you take the real thing.
If you prefer to learn in ‘real life' we also have in-person classroom courses available.
We're happy to talk through the options with you so that you ensure you get the best learning experience.