This Certification training class MB6-898 Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Talent is not just about you passing the MB6-898 exam – it aims higher: we want you to understand and be able to apply your skills in real life scenarios after the training has ended, not just in an exam situation while at our training center.
After the training class, you will understand how to set-up and use Talent in Microsoft Dynamics 365.
And we are confident that you have indeed passed the certification exam at the end of the training, too!
This 5-day Certification class MB6-898 for Talent is for anyone who wants to learn the Talent functionality in depth, be able to set-up and use the application functionality, provide support for the application, and pass the certification exam MB6-898 Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Talent.
Typical participant profiles:
Consultants, HR staff, project managers, superusers, controllers.
It is essential to have participated in our course Introduction to Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations or in other ways has obtained equivalent knowledge.
On top of our training methodology, Problem-Principle-Procedure, we apply a proven track to ensure a successful certification exam training:
- GateQuiz – to align skills level and suggest pre-study
- Pre-training webinar – meet the instructor and get ready
- The training class itself – plenty of hands-on in-class and optional homework
- Last day of the training
- Recap of the week – important highlights
- AXcademy certification exam prep quiz
- Question and answer session – final tips and tricks
- The certification exam itself: MB6-898 Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Talent
- Understand the Dynamics 365 for Talent Environment
- Manage the Attract and Recruiting Processes
- Configure and Use the Onboarding, Offboarding, and Transition Processes
- Set Up and Use the Talent Application
Topics in details
Understand the Dynamics 365 for Talent Environment
- Understand Dynamics 365 for Talent Components
- Describe the components and experiences of Dynamics 365 for Talent; identify features of Dynamics 365 for Talent; identify benefits of using Dynamics 365 for Talent; describe how data is shared and separated per company in Dynamics 365 for Talent; describe the technology and integration of Dynamics 365 for Talent with other Dynamics 365 applications; describe and use the Microsoft Excel add-in with Dynamics 365 for Talent
- Understand basic navigation in Dynamics 365 for Talent
- Describe the user interface components of Dynamics 365 for Talent; describe the use case scenarios for workspaces and provide examples of workspaces; identify the components of a Dynamics 365 for Talent workspace; navigate and perform searches in the web interface; set up core prerequisites and parameters for using Dynamics 365 for Talent
- Use People Analytics and Personnel Management in Dynamics 365 for Talent
- Describe features of the People workspace; use the People workspace to view and edit personal information; enroll in benefits by using the people workspace; check FMLA eligibility; request time-off in the People workspace; view leave and absence information; view or update emergency contact information or certificates and tests for a person
- Use the Employee and Manager self-service features
- Describe features for employee self-service; describe features for manager self-service; use the Employee self-service workspace to manage personal information; review and update performance information; add and share feedback to another employee; view team information in the manger self-service portal; View and update skill information and perform a skill gap analysis; describe and use the mobile device for employee and manager self-service
Manage the Attract and Recruiting Processes
- Manage jobs
- Create new jobs; import jobs from Excel; update job details; define the job settings
- Create, accept, reject, and manage applicants
- Manually add an applicant; Import applicants by using Microsoft Excel; setup integrations for applicants to apply; communicate with applicants; request candidate availability; reject an applicant; Update the applicant status
- Schedule and manage interviews
- Request candidate availability; Identify options for defining the interview; schedule an interview; send schedule and summary to the interview team; conduct interviews and provide interview feedback and recommendations
- Create and manage offers
- Define offer settings; maintain the status of the offer; start the onboarding process
Configure and Use the Onboarding, Offboarding, and Transition Processes
- Use the Onboarding Modular application
- Describe scenarios for using the onboarding modular application; create, import and migrate employees into the Onboarding modular application
- Design and configure welcome guides
- Describe the components of a welcome guide; create new welcome guides from samples; design a new welcome guide template; build an activities list for a welcome guide; add contacts and resources to a welcome guide; send a guide to a worker
- Set up and use task management
- Describe the various types of task management scenarios; provide examples for uses of task management; describe the setup components for a task management checklist; create checklists; apply a checklist to a worker
Set Up and Use the Talent Application
- Manage worker information
- Understand worker and position data; describe the difference between jobs and positions; set up and manage jobs; create and assign positions to workers; explain Personnel actions; enable and use Worker actions and Position actions; configure prerequisites for positions and jobs; configure and loan equipment to workers; define parameters and shared parameters for human resources; identify key configurations for human resources; hire and retire a worker; enter worker details
- Set Up and manage benefit information
- Explore the Benefit management workspace; describe the difference between benefits and benefit elements; describe the various types of benefits; configure benefit elements; define eligibility rules; process eligibility rules for workers; enroll a single worker in a benefit; enroll mass workers in a benefit; maintain dependents and beneficiary information
- Configure compensation information
- Describe examples of fixed and variable compensation plans; use recommendations with compensation; review and make changes to compensation plans; define mandatory confirmation for compensation plans; describe the range utilization matrix; define reference points; create compensation grids; define eligibility rules for compensation; configure pay rate conversions; set up and use vesting rules; configure and use pay for performance features; describe compensation process events; perform the compensation processes; adjust compensation for an employee
- Manage Leave and absences
- Explain the Leave and absence administration process; describe Leave and absence transactions; request and process time off requests; explore Leave types and Leave plans; set up and configure Leave and absence plans; view time off requests and approved time off; use the Leave and absence workspace
- Use compliance features in Dynamics 365 for Talent
- Define templates for physical job requirements; configure the physical requirements for a job; create an accommodation request; grant or deny work environment accommodation requests
We think that your options should be flexible and cost-efficient. Don't pay for services that you don't really need.
- Standard – the cost-efficient option
- Price for this course includes training manuals, training environment, food and beverages during the training, and participation in the exam itself.
- All-Inclusive – the hassle-free option
- All of the Standard benefits as above plus
- Transport service from and to the airport, hotel accommodation (from the day before training start to last day of training), meals at the hotel (breakfast and evening dinner – a sumptuous lunch buffet is served at the training location)
- All of the Standard benefits as above plus
Price for this course includes training manuals, training environment, food and beverages during the training, and participation in the exam itself, MB6-898 Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Talent.
AXcademy's own and brand newly created training manuals are provided printed and/or as files.
Each student will receive copies to annotate and keep.
During the training, each student will have access to their personal copy of Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations training environment (with standard Contoso demo data) free of charge. Your training environment is available 24 hours a day even outside the classroom, should you want to study outside normal class hours.
After the training, you could continue to have access to your personal training environment – including your labs. A nominal fee might apply for this optional service.
To ensure the best possible learning environment, a world-class instructor with loads of real-life experience in D365FO, D365O, as well as AX 7 and previous versions of AX is in place, and the number of participants is limited to 10 students.
Food and beverages
Food and beverages are provided during the training hours.
•Light breakfast before the start
•Sumptuous lunch buffet of high quality and variety
•Water, coffee/tea, soft drinks, fruits throughout the day.
(Actual offerings and vary depending on the actual training location. For special food requirements, please ask well in advance of the class start date)
Participation in the exam itself, MB6-898 Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Talent.
As above Standard plus
- Transport service from and to the airport
- Superior hotel room accommodation within walking distance of the training location (stay from the day before training start to last day of training)
- Meals (high-quality breakfast and evening dinner at your hotel – a sumptuous lunch buffet is served at the training location)
Certification class MB6-898 Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Talent
This course includes all or part of the topics of below listed Microsoft Courses
- 81153CE Introduction to Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Talent
- 81156BE Job and Position Management in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Talent
- 81158BE Compensation Management in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Talent
- 81159BE Compliance Management in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Talent
- 81160CE Benefit Management in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Talent
- 81163CE Leave and Absence Management in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Talent
- 81164CE Employee and Manager Self-Service with Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Talent
- 81166CE Recruiting Management in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Talent
- 81167CE Onboarding Management with Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Talent
- 81165BE People Analytics with Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Talent